Monday, January 26, 2015

God Loves You Meow And Forever. I'm Not Kitten!

Hey hey hey!!






Check out mine and Baby McDermott's new shirts! We just couldn't resist! Also hold off on the compliments on the excellent photography... Ha.


This week started out pretty cool. We had an appointment with our investigator Jill and so we had a team up come with us. Jill ended up cancelling so we were trying to drop in on a bunch of less-actives and we weren't having much success. We finally stopped by to see a lady that we had been trying to get in with for a while. She said that it wasn't a good time so we made an appointment with her for Thursday. I told her that I was writing it in pen so she better keep the appointment! I looked up at her and then I looked down again and my pen had magically exploded all over my hands. I asked her if we could come in so I could wash up. She let us in and we were able to talk with her for a while and get to know her! It was awesome! When we went back on Thursday we were able to have a good talk about where she was in her faith. She is so strong because she has endured so much. We are excited to be working with her now.


We had zone meeting this week and we received some good news. Elder Christofferson of the quorum of the twelve apostles is coming to visit us in February!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Zone conference was absolutely wonderful as always. We had interviews with President Griffin, and boy I just feel so lucky to have him as my mission president!


President counseled me to pick something to work on and to study it and to experiment with it and keep a record of my success and growth. I have started working on being more gentle... Well I have been working on it in my head for a while but now it's on paper too haha. In Proverbs 15:1 it says:"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous(regrettable) words stir up anger." When I read this I thought of the times I have said something that I regretted and that was definitely not gentle. These instances always stir up anger, but when I have a soft answer I can feel comfort in knowing that I wasn't the cause of contention. In Present Monson's talk in April 2014 general conference he quoted this poem: 


"I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody’s need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret
For being a little too kind."


This is definitely something that I am working on. Being more gentle and kind with my words so I can cease to feel the regret of words I have said that weren't kind. I'm not perfect, hahaha soooo definitely not perfect, although some days I really wish that I was, but I am trying. Heavenly Father blesses us when we try.


Love all y'all!


Sister Andy Human Girl Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment