Monday, January 12, 2015

Freezing

Hey Hey Y'all!!


This week has been COLD! I have literally been freezing, but that's okay because I just jog in place really fast and Sister McDermott is embarrassed because obvi I look like a fool. We're the coolest though! This frozen fountain is down the street from our apartment downtown.
 

We contacted a lot of former investigators that seem ready this week. Jamie is the girl friend of a recent convert and she has a cute baby! We went over and talked with her and she told us about how much she has changed her life. She has started to make decisions that were right and she just wants to feel peace. Sister McDermott did such and awesome job describing peace and telling Jamie that is within her reach. It was awesome! We're going to start meeting with her weekly! We also started teaching Jill. She was so overwhelmed with emotion as she talked about the spirit the missionaries carry with them. She accepted a baptismal date, we are determined to help her be ready. We met Janice tracting, she accepted the lesson and she drove us home afterwards. It was awesome to see her offer what she had to help us.


In Chattanooga I have seen pain, I have seen poverty. I have seen sin, I have seen suffering. I have seen struggling. I have seen sorrow. This place has really opened my eyes. And while I am among these people I have the task of seeing them the way Heavenly Father sees them. It's hard because so many people suffer because of their decisions. My mind is brought to Mosiah 4:17-19:


"Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him...But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent;....For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have..."


I need God, and so does everyone else. I need to know that He loves me. I need to recognize that daily because the days I don't recognize it are hard. I am here to help people feel His love. Maybe they don't always understand His love, but when they feel it, it makes a difference whether I see it or not. That's why I keep going every day.


I love all y'all!


Sister Andrea Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment