Sunday, January 25, 2015

Post MLK day in the 'Noog

 
Hiiiiiiiii!!!


This week has had a lot of fun things going on! It was transfers so Sister Bridgette (a Tennessee Knoxville Mission Legend) had her goodbye breakfast for those that were getting transferred. We crammed a ton of missionaries in that apartment of hers, that's for sure! She's the one on the lap of the sister next to me... obviously hahha. We also got to help a lady name Zabrina paint her house. She was referred to us by some elders in Georgia. It was fun to do some service, we had our work cut out for us that's for sure! Oh and my precious trainer/mother/bff Macall Weight went home!!! Wow that went by fast right? Just 15 months ago she was training me! Also yesterday was MLK day and so freedom was ringin' erry where in this city!
 


We went over to see a recent convert, Patricia, and we finally had a the talk with her about living the law of chastity. It went surprisingly well, we discussed with her that the home should be a refuge from the world and all of it's temptations. We also talked about how important it is that we look at/ watch ourselves constantly and self-evaluate of how we can be better and how we are doing in keeping the commandments.  Mosiah 4:30 sums it up pretty well: "But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not." At the end of the lesson she knew what she needed to do.


This morning I was reading in 3 Nephi 9 when Christ is speaking during the darkness following his death: "O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."


As I was reading this I was thinking, he spared the righteous people but He still had invited them to come to Him and be healed and converted. He didn't only spare the perfect people. I know that I make mistakes all of the time, but I always come back to Him because I stay close. I still need to be healed sometimes even though I am close. I need to continually be converted even though I am close. 


Love all y'all! Have a great week!!!


Sister Andy Face Girl Doll Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment