Monday, March 3, 2014

Old Humanz Rule

ALOHA!! It's 90 degrees and we're all wearing shorts and flip flops... And I'm also lying.

It's raining, and I'm wearing leopard rain-boots. Oh crap I just looked out the window and it's snowing.
This week was a very difficult and miraculous week #transferofmiracles I went on an exchange with Sister Hatch and Sister Schwab. It was so amazing and fun. We talked a lot about everything going on and it was super awesome. We also ate dinner with Billy and Kandace and yes they do think Nascar is a sport which is a serious tragedy if you ask me. But we still think they're cool.
Yesterday was testimony meeting and my favorite little old man Brother Blaylock got up and basically announced to the ward that I will probably be transferred at the next transfer (March 26). That's definitely an educated speculation if you ask me! But anyways he said, "Sister Merrell will always be OUR Sister Merrell because we got to pick her up on her very first day." That really made me feel loved and may have brought on a tear or two. Then the spirit dragged me up there and I bore my testimony too. Everyone in the ward has been saying bye to me since then and it's super weird. Longest drawn out goodbye ever! And if I don't get transferred it's going to be even more weird hahaha. We'll see.
We finally got to see our friend Bill because we caught him at a time where he is awake! He sleeps all day so we've found that 8 o'clock is prime time for him! He is so sweet genuine. He really misses his wife who passed away about a year or so ago. He told us that he can't read so we tell him stories from the Book of Mormon and discuss it with him. He gave us cherry powerade last time we were there. I love him so much. I never thought I'd be able to love old people after working at a rest home when I was 14 (the old people called me "little boy" and I was forever scarred). But look at me now! I LOVE OLD HUMANZ!

I'm doing the training at district meeting this week because my DL asked me to, so I'll let you know how that goes!

Okay one more thing. When you respond to a handwritten letter with an email it's like texting someone after they've called you. Just letting everyone know it's a social faux pas.

LOVE YOU HUMANZZZZZZZ!!

Love,


Sister Andrea Kate Merrell 21983473948572189743891723 numberz r fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment