Sunday, February 2, 2014

Wazzzzzzzzzzzzup dawgy dawgz??


Jan 27 at 9:51 AM

Okay so obviously I think I'm really funny, because of this title, but in reality I'm going to give the credit to the preach my gospel dvd that I'm quoting... so yeah I'm not that funny. But wait. I'm hilarious.

ANYWAYS, WE HAVE CATHERINE'S BAPTISM SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 8TH AND I'M SO FETCHING EXCITED ABOUT IT!
Catherine's boyfriend is on a mission in Ecuador. She wanted to take the lessons for herself and not him so she waited till he left on his mission before we could teach her. We've known her for a while though. So the first lesson last Tuesday, she tells us she wants to be baptized! Okay, awesome. I didn't think it could get any better until on Saturday we sit down for our lesson:

"Guys I have to tell you something..."
"What is it?"
"I'm going on a mission... Heavenly Father wants me to.."

HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER FROM ME BECAUSE THIS WAS JUST SURREAL

-----------------------I literally could not stop---------Too much awesomeness.-----------------

 

Andrea and Diana
Diana lives in an assisted living center and is paralyzed. She loves cheese and scary movies.
 
It was a good that day started off teaching Catherine, because then it got really... interesting. We go visit this family with unbaptized kids over the age of 9. We knock on the door and the husband lets us in right away and gets his wife. Then they tell us they want to feed us so we sit down for dinner. They tell us their classic story, he went on a mission, came back, and they met at BYU. He taught at the MTC and they got married in the temple. Great right? Well then they told us they us "they just aren't believers anymore..." Uh what? The husband didn't believe in God anymore... and the wife didn't want to talk about what was going on with her... But they told us how happy they are...
When I looked into the wife's eyes she looked exhausted. When the husband was telling us how he doesn't believe in God and happy he is--his face was literally twitching. Yeah homiez, you're really happy I can see it... NOT. They are making themselves miserable.

This reminded me of a quote that I wrote in the margin of my scriptures once:

"All that we call human history—money, poverty, ambition, war,....empires,—is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy." -C.S. Lewis
AMEN BROTHA LEWIS.

Anyways that's really all I got for now. Stay classy Seattle.

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment