Monday, February 10, 2014

No Snapbacks Allowed



 
Okay hello everyone. I just wanted to start out by letting everyone know that MISSIONARIES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR SNAPBACKS.... and that I learned that the hard way. My cool zone leader gives me a sweet purple and gray snapback, so naturally I wear it on P-day to the library... and naturally THE MAN WHO GAVE IT TO ME TELLS ME TO TAKE IT OFF AND THAT I CAN'T WEAR IT IN PUBLIC. It's okay because I'm still cool and I'm wearing my purple unicorn sweater. I'm fine. Everyone calm down (also for you old people snapbacks are like baseball hats.... you're welcome).

ANYWAYS, now for the good stuff. CATHERINE GOT BAPTIZED AND IT WAS PERFECT. We had a huuuuuuuuuuuuge turnout! President and Sister Irion even came (after my constant nagging, it's fine). The program was beautiful! When she game out of the water she said something like "Hey guyz, I'm Mormon!" Okay that's funny. She invited tons of her non Mormon friends and they came! The whole ward supported her too! We sang Beautiful Savior as a trio and it was pretty good. I sang the alto part. We had to do it again in Sacrament meeting, and yes, I'm still alive. Righteous.

The sweet part about it was that her family came. Her mom hadn't been supportive and told her she wouldn't be there, but then 5 minutes before the baptism she showed up! Her dad and brother Will were also there. It was great that her family came together to see her follow the example of Christ. And so they could see for themselves that Mormons aren't psycho.

I would just like to give a personal shout out to my #1 member missionaries of the week AMY AND GREG GOLDING (my sister and brother-in-law)! Helping out with a church tour for their neighbor Monica! And fellowshipping here so she feelz that Mormon LOVE! Now that's a Valentine's gift. What are y'all going to give Jesus for Valentine's day?

So it's time to wrap this one up. I love you humanz.

xoxoxoxoxox

Sister Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment