Sunday, February 9, 2014

Blizzards, Apostles, and 5 MORE DAYS!!!

Hi y'all!

So this week was certainly an adventure, WE GOT A WHOLE INCH OF SNOW!!! So obviously that means all the schools have to be shut down right? Yeah Tennessee is definitely wimpy about snow. They don't have snow plows really though so all the roads were crazy. We live at the top of a hill, so when we were going home for dinner we got stuck. So naturally I floor it and drive zig zags till we get up the hill. When we got home we were informed that we were not allowed to drive the car so we had to stay home. The next morning the roads were still bad so we decided to walk to our appointments. Don't worry I only fell like....once.

Okay other cool stuff, L. TOM PERRY CAME AND SPOKE TO OUR STAKE! It was sweet! It was all about member missionary work! He really emphasized the impact of our personal example, which I wholeheartedly agree with! He made me laugh soooooooo much! I loved it because missionary work is fun, and people gotta realize that! But hey that's coming from someone who thinks it's funny when people slam the door in their face (me). Elder Perry shared an awesome scripture that I think about all the time now when that happens:

Alma 17:11- And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Laughing when someone slams the door is the epitome of patience. And sometimes slamming the door is not so literal... People sometimes reject fellowship, aren't interested, treat you like garbage, etc. but hey everyone needs to be loved. Just keep on, keeping on!

Okay, last but certainly not least, Catherine (my favorite person in ALL of Tennessee)'s baptism is THIS SATURDAY! That's like 5 DAYS AWAY!!!! Okay I am so pumped. My first baptism, but really she did it all herself. She is the GOLDEN investigator that missionaries dream about. And also, she really is a best friend of mine. It's crazy. It's like we've known each other forever! We (Catherine, my comp, and I) are singing at her baptism, and then in sacrament meeting on Sunday when she gets confirmed. Yeah we are going way over the top for her baptism, but she deserves it! She is going to be a strong member for the rest of her life!

Well that's all I got! Love your hearts! (That's my new southern slang)

Sister Andrea Kate Merrell


No comments:

Post a Comment