Monday, October 28, 2013

DOGS FOR MANKIND!!!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
So this week was my 1 MONTH MARK!!! So that was cool. We celebrated by letting Chihuahuas attack me and crawl all over me while the elders were giving a lady a blessing.. she had like 5 of them and they were crazy. Not so much as crazy rabid but just crazy crazy! It seems like everyone out here has some kind of dog and most of the time they are miniature crazy ones!

Our cute little sister friend called us and told us to bring her some dinner, so we bought her some hamburgers. Then when we go there we watched her feed them to her dog. Hahahaha it was awesome! Funniest thing ever!

We had a zone conference in Morristown and Elder Corbridge of the seventy came and talked to us. We had to leave Oak Ridge at 6:30... and our alarm didn't go off so we woke up when the Elders texted us that they were outside! So then we had to throw on clothes and do our make-up in the car and I looked like a freak. Elder Corbridge talked for like 3 hours and I was probably listening intently for 2/3 of the time because I was so ADD! But I got a lot out of it and so did the district leader, Elder Parkinson and he likes to beat it into our head with his spiritual baseball bat when he calls us every night.... so that's cool.

This week I have picked up A LOT of new slang and so I decided to write down a new word that I learn every day! I don't really know their definitions sometimes but I do know how to use them in a sentence! hahahah
Warshed- I warshed my clothes
Wallered- I wallered myself up in a blanket
Wonky- Our organ sounds wonky

This week I had to give a talk! I chose to talk about love and how we can love ourselves! It was something I needed to work on because I always compare myself to other missionaries and think I'm inadequate. I studied a lot and it helped me so much! My talk went really well. My favorite part was when I talked about how we can give Heavenly Father our hearts in return for all of the many blessings he gives us!

Here is a picture of Maxine and me. I love her and she loves me and we're a happy family. 

Okay I gotta go! LOVE ALL OF YOU!! PLEASE WRITE ME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment