Sunday, February 22, 2015

My Diana

Hi everybody!


So yeah, it's me. We didn't get to email yesterday because it was President's day or something like that. We celebrated with dollar hot dogs at sonic in the pouring rain. The real celebration is happening today because we get to go to Farragut after we finish emailing to listen to Elder Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve. Heck yeah! I'm stoked. #presidentsdayafterparty


The other day my dear friend Tish from Oak Ridge, texted us and told us that she had someone for us to go see. DIANA!! When I was in Oak Ridge I used to visit Diana twice a week in the assisted living center. She always made me laugh and she is just a really special person to me. The last time I saw her when I was leaving Oak Ridge we threw her a birthday party and she just wanted to keep holding my hand because she didn't want to see me go. It was hard to walk out the door that day because I thought I would never see her again. Anyways, Diana was moved to a hospital literally down the street from our apartment! I thought that this news was too good to be true so when we walked over there I tried not to get my hopes too high. We walked in the room and I saw her I just wanted to cry because I was so happy. Diana had to move over here because she had a tracheotomy, and the assisted living facility doesn't offer that sort of care. She still has the same spunk and I am super excited that Sister McDermott got to meet her! Heavenly Father loves me so much! It was really a pick me up and so much more. I feel like this is why I am still here in Chattanooga.


This week we also had Zone Conference. It was awesome to sharpen our teaching skills and to learn. I loved every second of it.


I was reading in Ether 2 this last week. I love this chapter so much. It is a great model of how we should approach prayer and how answers come.

 "22 And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?"

The Brother of Jared approached the Lord in prayer. He asked Him for help, and the Lord responded, "What can I do to help you?" This is how I feel about the answers to my prayers sometimes. In my prayers I am calling out for help in desperation: Help! Where's the life boat? What's the escape route? Help me out of this darkness! And the Lord responds to me, asking, "How do you need Me to help you?" 

 "23 And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels? For behold, ye cannot have windows, for they will be dashed in pieces; neither shall ye take fire with you, for ye shall not go by the light of fire."

Sometimes my ideas are dumb, sometimes they're not the right one like maybe I think of a "window" but that's not right because it will be "dashed in pieces" or maybe I think of a "fire" but that's not going to work. Sometimes the Lord tells me what I DON'T NEED but he won't tell me what I NEED. 

"25...Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?"


He knows that I learn as I struggle for my answer. I have been prepared to face my trials as I have gained the testimony that I have today. Jesus Christ is my light when I am surrounded by darkness. My faith in Him can lead me through my trials. I'm glad the Lord trusts me enough to struggle.


Love y'all! 


Sister Andrea Merrell


No comments:

Post a Comment