Monday, February 23, 2015

Coming At Ya Live With The Flu

Hey everybody!


I can't really hear right now, my eyes are watering, my nose is running a 6 minute mile and I've basically coughed up my lungs, but that is quite alright because today is a great day to be alive even with the flu! The elders brought me some soft tissues so my nose doesn't feel scratchy when I blow it in toilet paper. #purebliss So, I'm just going to be straightforward and let y'all know that this email isn't going to be the greatest haha.


This week it SNOWED, and that's rare over in these parts; that being said, nobody knows how to drive in it so the city shuts down. It was pretty crazy. There was also a lot of freezing rain which isn't my cup of tea. It didn't snow down here until Wednesday, but it was snowing cats and dogs up in Knoxville. So when we went to hear Elder Christofferson really late because his travel had been delayed. While we waited we had a testimony meeting, I liked it because normally when you hear other missionaries testimonies it's when they're either arriving or going home. Anyways Elder Christofferson arrived and we had a brief meeting, it was a question and answer session. There were a lot of interesting questions asked and I loved the way that he approached them. The one that really struck me the most was when a missionary asked how can we stay the person we are becoming when we are no longer a missionary. Elder Christofferson responded with Jeremiah 31:33:

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

We must have the gospel written in our hearts. The gospel shouldn't be something that's associated with us, it should be who we are.


Sister McDermott and I are being transferred out of Chattanooga on Wednesday, they are closing our area. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to serve here because I have been put in situations that have helped me grow. It has helped me recognize a lot of the blessings that I have had here in the mission and that I have at home. Of all of the missionaries in the world, Heavenly Father chose me to serve here. Chattanooga was a "furnace of affliction" and I'd like to think that as I leave here I have been a little bit refined (1 Nephi 20:10).


Love all y'all,


Sister Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment