Thursday, July 31, 2014

Double Whammy Baptism and Schwaby's Birthday Bash

Hey y'all!!


This week was really good! Sister Schwab, my beloved friend who used to be in my district when I was in Oak Ridge came with me on exchange on her birthday! We had a great time celebrating her 21 years of life. We set an alarm for midnight so we could wake up and I sprayed silly string all over her and gave her a cupcake. We had an eventful day of missionary work too (don't you worry). We went and addressed some of Theron's concerned (earlier this week he had told us that he wasn't getting baptized on the 26th which was disappointing but we're still hopeful). We think we helped him overcome the things he was worried about but we aren't too sure. It was a good lesson though! We saw Don and we had a great lesson with him too. I was excited that she got to come to the salvation army to serve dinner. She loved it. It was a really good day.


Saturday came pretty quickly and Sister Stanton and Rick were baptized. Sister Stanton went first, she nearly drowned because her husband had no idea what he was doing. He put his hand on the back of her neck and his other hand to the square. It was so nerve racking and she was freaking out. Her face said it all. But she went under and she came back up and she was still alive AND she was cleansed of her sins. Double whammy. It all worked out. Rick's went more smoothly. The ward loves both of them so much and there was a great turn out! It was awesome.



Transfers are on Wednesday so I will be getting a new companion. Sister Neil is leaving! She is getting ready to go HOME and it's so weird. I was watching her pack earlier and it was the strangest thing of my life. I am kind of nervous to be the seasoned veteran of Bristol. I will probably get lost a million times but oh well. This retired cop who lives in our neighborhood gave me my own can of pepper spray so if I get in any sketchy situations I will be well prepared. It advises on the can, "ESCAPE IMMEDIATELY AND CALL POLICE. DO NOT TRY AND CAPTURE THE ATTACKER." So yeah I'll probably pray about that.


Anyways I love you all and I hope you're all having a great summer break. It's almost over! I'm glad because then when we drive by the lake in Piney Flats I won't have to close my eyes and pretend I don't see anyone boating hahahaha.


Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee.


Sister Andrea Kate Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment