Monday, November 18, 2013

First Dates, Homelessness, and a Big Pile of Leaves

Hey Fanz,

I love being a missionary. There I said it. And I'll never take it back!!! This week has just been jam packed with miracles!

So anyways, first item of business. Sister Valdez was playing in a football field sized pile of leaves with her kids (okay maybe a slight exaggeration in size but at the same time not really) and she lost her keys in it! So she called us to go help her! We all got there (the zone leaders came with) and Elder Schouten said a prayer! And guess what?? WE FOUND THEM. All because we asked in faith. So great. But honestly as a missionary I never fear when I lose stuff... except when I lost my planner yesterday and almost died. NBD (no big deal--your welcome dad).

We have really been picking up the pace here in Oak Ridge. We had a training on planning so we decided to take that to heart. Weekly planning ended up being 4 hours... hahaha but we DID SO MUCH! We made individualized goals for every investigator for every day of the week and figured out how we could achieve those goals and be accountable! I've seen a change in Sister Weight and I. We are working harder than we ever have before! We have been revamped and we are actually trying to get members at every lesson! We are encouraging people to set baptism dates and helping them realize that they are ready! We are just going to keep working harder and harder! There is always room for improvement!

Our investigator, Maria, told me that I'm pushy. DANG RIGHT I'M PUSHY BECAUSE I KNOW HOW BAPTISM AND RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST ARE THE BEST BLESSINGS AND ARE THE BEGINNING OF OUR JOURNEY TOWARDS EXALTATION. K sorry I just get excited. But I just thought that was so funny. I think a better word for pushy was unceasingly encouraging...bahahhaa.

So I read the Book of Mormon every day (duh) and I always wonder how the crap did I not understand it as well as I do now (the storyline, the doctrine, all that jazz). Want to know the secret? Pray before you read! Yeah that's actually no secret but it's something I had never done. I get so excited to study the Book of Mormon every morning! It's so kewl! Like this morning I read about how Zeniff spied on the Lamanites! IT WAS SO INTENSE! Also I have tender moments when I realize Heavenly Father wants me to learn the lessons that the prophets did during these times. He helps me see exactly how I can apply what I learn. I am obsessed with the Book of Mormon and I want everyone to read it!!

Also I wanted to share a precious moment with Sister Weight when we hit rock bottom..... We were on bikes and we were hungry for dinner and had no meal appointment and we had no time to go home to eat. So we stopped at a grocery store and bought lunchables and ate them on the ground outside. Lowest of the low. That's what being a hobo is like kind of I think. Bahahahahaha and Sister Weight kept saluting people with her pizza lunchable (I've taught her so well).  We love riding our bikes in the rain.

Elder Arnold and Elder Schouten are getting transferred. So like bye to them. BUT I GET TO STAY IN OAK RIDGE WITH SISTER WEIGHT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! We took this last and final picture of our district, I look fat in the one that has everyone so here's the one where everyone looks dumb and I look kinda cute and Elder Parkinson and Elder Russo aren't even in it hahaha.

OKAY HERE IS THE LAST AND BEST THING! So Maxine (the lady we live with) had a date! His name is Tommy and they talk on the phone every night and he came all the way from Detroit for dinner! And we got to eat with them and it was so awkward!! So I wanted to remember how I 3rd wheeled with Sister Weight on the most awkward date of my life... so we took this amazing picture! Bahahahaha so awkward. Also I asked her the next day if they kissed... and she said yes... on the cheek. Hahahaha old people lovin'. So great.

Well that's it.Thanx 4 all da fan mail this week! Keep it up!!! I love you all!!!

xoxoxoxoxox

Sister Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment