Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Livin'

Hi.


Okay so this week has been the weirdest but most fun week EVER!! So I'm not sure if the secret got out.. but, I've been working in the mission office and living at the mission home, helping out because the help up and quit! It's been such a fun week! We were delivering furniture to missionary apartments so I got to go see Maxine in Oak Ridge! And I also got to go back to Chattanooga! It's been a wonderful week. But seriously. I was totally dreading having to live in the mission home because I didn't want to leave my area and my people that Sister Johnson and I have been teaching; but, it has just been such a dream spending time with the Griffins! Izzy, Olivia and Hannah are like the little sisters I never had. President and Sister Griffin have treated me as on of their own. I love them.


This morning I was studying and thinking about what I will say when I bear my testimony at transfers. There's so many experiences that I've had and I honestly just don't even know how to sum it up briefly. Only God truly knows intimately the things I've experienced. But there is a scripture that can convey the feelings that I feel as I look back and think of my time doing the Lord's work.


Alma 36:21-
Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.


As Alma the Younger describes his repentance-- or change he's experienced I think of the change I've seen inside myself. The spirit at times has told me things that were hard to hear but when I obeyed and changed there was nothing exquisite and sweet as my joy. I've seen this joy as I've invited others to come unto Christ and change.


My time as a missionary has set the stage for the rest of my life. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer. He knows me so well. He knows how to teach me to my understanding. I know The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that means so much more than it being a book that was written by God through His prophets. It means it's a book that can change hearts; it changed my heart!!


I love you all so dearly. I am sad to be leaving Tennessee, I wish this time in my life could go on for forever, but I know there are great things in store in my future life-- especially spending time with you all.


Sister Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment