Sunday, May 17, 2015

Home.

 I guess I'm supposed to post in my little corner of the internet world that I made it home safely so y'all aren't too worried. I am back in Orem, Utah. I'm trying to stay busy. Working at BYU and trying to remember how it is to live life without the guidance of a little white book. It's weird. And I am so definitely weird.


I miss being a missionary. I'm glad that I do though, because that means my time in Tennessee meant a lot to me. Being a missionary helped me find myself in the sight of the Lord. And now the challenge is to live a normal life and remember that every day. I'm excited for what lies ahead.

I'm still having missionary experiences, even while being home. Catherine came to visit this last week and we were able to visit temple square and the Payson temple open house! Her non-member friend Sam joined us as well. I felt the spirit as I did on my mission as a gentle reminder of the truthfulness of my beliefs.



I know that Jesus is my Savior and that means He's always there for me, even as I am no longer a full-time missionary. I know I can feel him more prevalent in my life as I stay committed to my gospel study and experiences. God's plan needs to always be on my mind. I want to do what he wants me to do. I'm trying my best to prioritize His will for me, although it is difficult. I know I have to be committed to my communication with Him. I covenanted to always remember so I can keep his spirit. That's a covenant that I need to reflect upon often.


I am grateful for those who have continued to view my experiences from my mission on this blog from the beginning to the end. It was evident at the start that I had a lot of growing to do. I'm still growing too. I love the Lord with all of my heart, and I hope y'all know that.


Love,

Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment