Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bye Bye Bristol

Heyyyyooooo


Yup. I was right, I'm getting transferred on Wednesday. I guess in that way I'm a little bit psychic. Bahaha. It was weird going to church for the last time in Bristol yesterday. Everyone was saying bye and it was weird. I hate saying goodbye. When the parentals dropped me off at the MTC I started talking about horcruxes from Harry Potter because I didn't want to come to terms with it so I went off in an awkward ramble. Yeah yesterday was pretty much like that in a variety of settings. Hahahah it's okay everyone already knows I'm weird.


Okay now for the good stuff. Debbie got baptized! It was so awesome! Every time we saw her this week we could tell that her testimony was growing stronger and stronger. It was awesome. Her baptism went perfectly! No stress at all! It was great! Her family was there and they were so happy and excited to see this new beginning in her life! I loved it! And we went out to dinner at Cheddars after so that was awesome too. hahaha.
 
 
 


We surprisingly had an insanely AWESOME lesson with Travis and Katie this week. We had gone over there with the dismay of thinking that we would have to stop seeing them. We watched D. Todd Christofferson's talk from conference trying to convey that truth is truth whether man believes it or not. The talk didn't really seem make a difference to them BUT the member that we brought with us, Ryan, did! He was exactly what Travis needed. He explained the priesthood to him with the clarity that he needed. It was so awesome but at the same time it made Sister Burr and I feel bad that we didn't know how explain it in his terms. We both have committed ourselves to read from the Old Testament more often to get on the same level as these southerners. It was a real kick in the pants to be a better teacher and to try harder not only notice the needs but meet the needs of these humans out here in Tennessee. Anyways, Travis and Ryan ended up man hugging in the end and we're going over there again tonight! I think they are well on their way to be baptized now after overcoming that huge stumbling block. Katie has always kind of seemed to be on board with everything, she has a strong testimony and is looking for clarity and finding it slowly but surely. Too bad I'm getting transferred so I won't be here to see everything play out! Here's a pic of me, Katie, Travis, and their son Jason! They are the best!
 
 


Well that's basically my week in a nutshell! I love y'all!


Sister Andrea Merrell

No comments:

Post a Comment