Monday, June 23, 2014

Gone Fishin', Goat 4 Sales, & Spiritual Stuff

Hiiii guyzzz burgers and fries

This week was been pretty good! Sister Neil and I along with the Elders and our ward mission leader went fishing this morning! It was so fun and I didn't even freak out when I baited my own hook. HOLLA.




So I know you've all been on edge since last week wondering what the animal of this week would be... well it's a goat! It's name is Daisy and the Sharps are giving it away because they are moving to Louisiana. So if you want a goat, let me know! I'll put in a good word!



 We had a lesson with Travis and Katie, finally! They are a really cute couple, Katie is 20 and Travis is 24. They have a cute little boy named Jason. I love going over there not only because they are such nice people, but they are really good Christian;you can notice that right when you meet them. We didn't have too in depth of a lesson because we wanted to see where they were at, but DANG was the spirit strong. They were both really kind and complimentary to us. I feel really at home there. Travis said the prayer and it almost brought me to tears as he thanked God for our service and asked for blessings for us. It wasn't the standard "bless the missionaries and thanks blah blah" addition to a prayer. It was just sincere. I can't even explain it.  They really love and rely on the Lord. We are going back this week.


We had a lesson with Sister Stanton, but this time she invited her non-member grandson Tharin. He has a lot of questions so we weren't able to follow-up with Sister Stanton. We are going back this week and having a separate appointment with Tharin.


I also was able to give a training at district meeting.I trained on relying on the spirit. I based it on this great quote by President Monson:

"The sweetest experience I know in life is to feel a prompting and act upon it and later find out that it was the fulfillment of someone’s prayer or someone’s need. And I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, I will run that errand for Him."

 I know that I want the Lord to know that I am willing to do anything that he asks me. I want to be willing and I am trying my best every day to overcome the obstacles I face to help God answer prayers.


Love y'all. Keep being awesome!


Love,


Sister Merrell


No comments:

Post a Comment